Evi is a pioneer in a new class of Internet search technology that’s aimed at dramatically improving the consumer Internet and mobile search experience. To answer users’ questions our technology relies on a large store of machine-understandable structured knowledge. With this knowledge combined with natural language understanding and machine inference, Evi is developing the world’s most intelligent search tool.
As an experienced C++ developer, you thrive on working with large-scale platform architectures in high performance teams , and are ready for the challenge of delivering great solutions in a fast moving start-up environment. You are excited by solving complex problems in large code bases and working with other technical teams to create world-class products together.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality code on time as part of a team, reporting to the Platform Manager
- Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration
- Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code to meet system requirements
- Involvement at all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing significant new architectural systems and improvements.
- Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components; maintaining production code and contributing to deployment and QA processes
- Participation in estimation and sprint planning.
- Working closely with other technical teams and product team to deliver on the company’s technology vision.
Experience and qualifications
- At least three years development experience.
- Strong C++ experience; ideally with strong STL and Boost experience
- Some recent experience with Java and/or Python.
- Demonstrable experience working with large scale distributed platform architectures
- Experience of working with a large codebase with significant legacy code would be a plus
- Experience of working with complex systems
- Demonstrable experience using technical specifications, test driven development and code reviews to ensure code quality
- Experience of working within a team and delivering top quality code on time, and taking responsibility for maintenance of the code
- Comfortable collaborating with teams with very different technical skills, and non-technical teams
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with natural language processing techniques is highly desirable.
- Experience of distributed data stores is highly describable.
Skills and attributes required:
- Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- A passion for delivering exceptional production-ready software
- Proven ability to get things done with bias for action
- Ability to prioritise own work and meet deadlines
- Great team player, able to work effectively with others as well as individually
- Highly analytical with a data-driven approach to making decisions and attention to detail.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
We will only consider applications from UK/EU nationals or applicants with a current valid work permit. Unfortunately we are unable to offer employment to anyone who does not have the right to work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are required to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
If you are interested in working within a fast-paced environment, as part of a team who want to make our product a reality for millions of users, please apply to email@example.com.